One of the greatest things in life are homemade, fresh-out-of-the-oven cookies. And because SAGANÀ Coconut Spread has a rich buttery taste which is great for baking, making cookies the healthier way is no longer an impossible feat.
With so many plant-based butter alternatives available nowadays, making treats like breads and pastries is now becoming more common. And using a non-hydrogenated coconut oil based product such as SAGANÀ Coconut Spread should be on top of your list when it comes to baking — especially if you're trying to cut down on cholesterol knowing that a lot of baked goods calls for butter.
If you already have an existing recipe for chocolate chip cookies, simply use SAGANÀ Coconut Spread as a healthier substitute for butter. Otherwise, you can follow our recipe below which is super easy to make and easier to indulge! Instead of the cow's milk, you can also serve these cookies with non-dairy alternatives like soy or almond milk, or just with coffee and tea for you to enjoy on a lovely afternoon.
How to make chocolate chip cookies:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or spray with non-stick spray.
- In a medium bowl, sift the flour, baking soda and salt together.
- In another large bowl, using an electric mixer at medium speed, beat together SAGANA Coconut Spread and sugar until smooth and mixed together well.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix on low speed
- Gradually add the flour mixture and mix in until well incorporated. Do not over mix.
- Add chocolate chips and stir with a wooden spoon, again no overmixing, just until incorporated.
- Chill dough inside the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes.
- Using a small or large ice cream scooper or heaping tablespoon, drop the dough onto the prepared baking sheets, 6 to 8 per pan, depending on size you are making.
- Bake the cookies for 8 minutes or until they are lightly browned.
- Let the cookies cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheets, then transfer the cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
This recipe makes 18 -30 cookies depending on size. Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 cup SAGANÀ Coconut Spread, left at room temperature
- 1/2 cup and 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips